The College of Science and Technology is pleased to announce admission to Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy commencing from February 2022.
Aims of the programme
The Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy aims to provide meaningful education on the design, analysis and implementation of renewable energy systems and energy management. It will enhance the technical and analytical competency of engineers who are working or intend to work in renewable energy and associated fields.
Specific Objectives of Masters Programme
Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy graduates will be able to:
- Communicate information in a clear and structured way in both oral and written forms
- Analyse and evaluate environmental, social, and economic impacts of renewable energy infrastructure.
- Evaluate constraints and commercial risks related to renewable energy.
- Initiate, plan and design new renewable energy infrastructure.
- Evaluate and optimise renewable energy systems using modelling techniques.
- Assess range of problems related to renewable energy and apply new emerging technologies to solve these complex problems.
- Identify areas of unexplored questions and recognize different approaches to problems.
- Enhance innovation and entrepreneurship in renewable energy.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of theoretical design concepts and their practical implementation within renewable energy system.
- Use appropriate software packages and IT skills for modelling and simulation of renewable energy systems.
- Integrate knowledge and research skills to address a research question and continue toward a research career.
- Advise clients on renewable energy projects.
The graduates of Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy would be able to work as project engineer, energy specialist, energy engineer, energy designer, energy analyst, energy manager, energy modeller, energy policy analyst, energy systems maintenance engineer and researcher. They would be ideal candidates for jobs in organisations emphasising on energy systems design or applications, solar photovoltaic, solar thermal technologies, hydropower, biomass, biofuels, wind energy system and emerging technologies; and graduates could also work as private consultant and strategists.
A total of 10 candidates will be selected based on the following criteria. The college will offer full scholarship to seven candidates based on merit.
- Eligibility criteria - applicants should have a minimum of 55% in a four year/honours degree in either a Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology/or a Bachelor in Physics.
- Selection criteria – applicants will be selected on merit based on the following criteria:
i. An interview – 60%
ii. Academic performance based on the degree results – 20%
iii. Letter of motivation ( Click Here to download the format.)– 10%
iv. Recommendation letter from a professor/supervisor ( Click Here to download the format) – 10%
- Documents required
i. All applicants must submit copies of academic transcripts duly attested by an authorised person.
ii. Applicants who have graduated from the Royal University of Bhutan need not attest their documents.
iii. The selected applicants will have to produce original transcripts during registration.
Selected candidates will be offered a tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend at a government-approved rate.
Submission and deadline
Submit the complete application document via email to འ་ནི་གློག་འཕྲིན་ཁ་བྱང༌འདི་ ཨེས་པམ་བོཊ(spambots)་ལས་བསྲུང་ནུག འདི་བལྟ་ནིའི་དོན་ལུ་ ཁྱོད་ཀྱིས་(avaScript)་འདི་ ལྕོགས་ཅན་བཟོ། / འ་ནི་གློག་འཕྲིན་ཁ་བྱང༌འདི་ ཨེས་པམ་བོཊ(spambots)་ལས་བསྲུང་ནུག འདི་བལྟ་ནིའི་དོན་ལུ་ ཁྱོད་ཀྱིས་(avaScript)་འདི་ ལྕོགས་ཅན་བཟོ།.
Extended Deadline - 10th December 2021.
Contact - འ་ནི་གློག་འཕྲིན་ཁ་བྱང༌འདི་ ཨེས་པམ་བོཊ(spambots)་ལས་བསྲུང་ནུག འདི་བལྟ་ནིའི་དོན་ལུ་ ཁྱོད་ཀྱིས་(avaScript)་འདི་ ལྕོགས་ཅན་བཟོ། / འ་ནི་གློག་འཕྲིན་ཁ་བྱང༌འདི་ ཨེས་པམ་བོཊ(spambots)་ལས་བསྲུང་ནུག འདི་བལྟ་ནིའི་དོན་ལུ་ ཁྱོད་ཀྱིས་(avaScript)་འདི་ ལྕོགས་ཅན་བཟོ། or at 17862007 / 16552690 for further information.