Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
The Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation and Control Engineering is a four-year programme.
The primary purpose of the programme is to produce graduates who can carry out modern automation of industrial systems existing in all engineering disciplines as well as in nonengineering disciplines. It emphasises the analysis, design, synthesis and optimization of control systems in order to provide the best means of controlling their dynamic behaviour to produce favourable or specified outputs. As a result, graduates will be equipped with the technical knowledge and skills in their subject of specialisation as well as develop other transferable competencies.
Graduates will have a sound knowledge base and skillsets to develop and expand professional careers in fields related to instrumentation technologies, process control and industrial processes automation. In addition, graduates will be equipped with the ability to adapt to technological advancements and will be ready to take up challenges in industrial research.
Graduates of the programme will be able to contribute to the economic development of the country through reliable and efficient operation and maintenance of systems and enhanced productivity in the industrial and non-industrial sectors.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Identify, formulate and provide innovative solutions to instrumentation and control engineering problems at the workplace.
- Solve technical problems and be proficient in the analysis, design, test and implementation of instrumentation and control systems utilizing appropriate software and hardware tools and devices.
- Engage in research and development activities in the area of instrumentation and control.
- Respond and adapt to technological advancements.
- Communicate effectively through different mediums for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Conduct, analyse and interpret experimental results to improve the process.
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools including prediction and modelling to broadly defined instrumentation and control engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Work as a team and demonstrate the ability of leadership.