Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering is a broad-based four-year programme designed to train engineers who will find employment in the diverse fields of engineering.
The graduates can be employed in Civil Service, Corporations, and the Private sector as:
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
- Civil engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Project engineer
- Construction engineer
- Roads and transportation engineer
- Survey engineer
- to attract and recruit students of excellent academic capability and potential from all social groups.
- to nurture the potential of each student to tackle challenges and to lay the foundation for critical thinking required as professional engineers;
- to instill in graduates’ a keen sense of professionalism, management, and problem-solving techniques.
- to allow career progression and academic development to pursue higher degrees in various fields of engineering, management, science, and business.
formulate and prepare project proposals and plans
design, analyze, and prepare working drawings and estimates of various civil engineering structures
execute/supervise the construction of various civil engineering structures
carry out a survey for civil engineering works
carry out feasibility studies for civil engineering projects
prepare bid documents, specifications of works, and evaluate tenders
adapt to new technologies/developments
manage projects and other civil engineering related tasks