- Event Title: e-Learning/LMS/VLE Content Development
- Target audience: School teachers and education technologists.
- When: October 13-15, 2021, Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Where: Thimphu, Bhutan
- Organizer: College of Science and Technology, Royal University of Bhutan, Phuentsholing
- Details Information about the Event:
The training programme on “e-Learning/LMS/VLE Content Development” is supported by Asi@Connect which will be held from October 13th -15th, 2021 from 9 AM to 5.00 PM organized by the College of Science and Technology, Royal University of Bhutan in collaboration with Ministry of Education and Department of Information Technology and Telecom. The main objective of the program is to train the school teachers and education officers to create content for
the e-Learning/Learning management system/Virtual Learning Environment.
The Expected Outcomes of the training programme:
At the end of the program, the participants are expected to be able to.
- Identify the different types of e-learning platforms with an understanding of different terminologies such as e-learning, Learning Management System (LMS), Virtual Learning Management (VLE), and Content
Management System (CMS).
- Use Moodle LMS system with different roles: Moodle as a student, Moodle teachers, and Moodle as administrator.
- Customize the course by designing and developing the page to give an aesthetic view.
- Enroll students into the course[s] by auto-enrolment and manual enrolment methods.
- Manage and monitor courses (subjects) by adding activities and resources.
- Design quizzes and lessons for students to learn lessons through adaptive learning.
- Use collaborative learning tools such as chat, message, forum, and wikis.
- Create interactive e-content using H5P, SCORM, and IMS packages.
- Create different types of assignments incorporating peer feedback and rubrics.
- Create different types & levels of questions and save them in the question bank by categorizing them.
- Create a grade book and apply advanced grading methods using rubrics.
- Perform import and export of questions, grades and take backup of the course[s] for future use and restore it.
- Provide the accessibility of various resources to specific groups of students by dividing the students into different groups using the concepts of group and grouping.
- Identify and add the required plugins in order to manage and add additional functionalities to the course.