Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
The Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering takes a minimum of four years full time.
The programme provides access to larger numbers of suitably qualified nationals to be trained as engineers to meet the needs of Bhutan. The increased supply of engineers would also support private sector growth thereby creating additional jobs and strengthening the economy. The courses have been designed to meet the requirements of Bhutan’s unique engineering demand. The graduates will find employment in Civil Service, Corporations and Private sector.
The Institute aims to be innovative in the course and curriculum development in order
- To attract and recruit students of good academic ability and potential from all social groups.
- to develop the potential of each student to meet new challenges and to lay the foundation of the versatility of thinking they will need in careers as professional engineers;
- to provide students with an engineering education with breadth across the engineering disciplines, combined with some specialized learning, delivered with design and problem solving as an integral feature;
- To understand the importance of professionalism, management, and problem-solving techniques for works
- To allow career progression and educational development to study for a Masters degree.
Students also have a unique opportunity to experience aspects of the Electrical engineering profession by making short visits to sites.
The Undergraduate Degree programme in Electrical Engineering centers about analysis, design of components and system and transform the designs into reality.
The electrical engineering graduate is expected to be able to:
- Plan and implement electrical power system, control system, and communication system
- formulate/prepare proposals and project plans
- design and estimate electrical installation works/systems
- execute/supervise the implementation of electrical works with quality control measures
- use relevant software for electrical engineering works
- conduct research studies to enhance professional development