Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy
Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy takes a minimum of one and a half years full time.
The Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy aims to provide meaningful education on the design, analysis, and implementation of renewable energy systems and energy management. It will enhance the technical and analytical competence of engineers who are working or intend to work in renewable energy and associated fields.
Specific Objectives of the Masters Programme:
Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy graduates will be able to:
- Communicate information in a clear and structured way in both oral and written forms.
- Analyse and evaluate environmental, social, and economic impacts of renewable energy infrastructure.
- Evaluate constraints and commercial risks related to renewable energy.
- Initiate, plan and design new renewable energy infrastructure.
- Evaluate and optimise renewable energy systems using modelling techniques.
- Assess the range of problems related to renewable energy and apply new emerging technologies to solve these complex problems.
- Identify areas of unexplored questions and recognize different approaches to problems.
- Enhance innovation and entrepreneurship in renewable energy.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of theoretical design concepts and their practical implementation within the renewable energy system.
- Use appropriate software packages and IT skills for modelling and simulation of renewable energy systems.
- Integrate knowledge and research skills to address a research question and continue toward a research career.
- Advise clients on renewable energy projects.
Career Related Oppurtunities
The graduates of the programme will be able to serve as project engineers, energy and
climate experts, energy engineers, energy designers, energy analysts, energy managers, energy policy analysts, energy system maintenance engineers, and researchers. They would be ideal candidates for organizations that emphasize energy system design or application, solar photovoltaic, solar thermal technology, hydropower, biomass energy, biofuels, wind energy systems, and emerging technologies. Graduates can also work as private consultants, entrepreneurs, innovators, and strategists. The demand for graduates of this programme will grow in the coming years as the country's renewable energy initiatives expand.