The programme aims to provide knowledge and skills in engineering geology that is vital to investigation, project planning and execution of construction projects. Graduates will develop the ability to assess and make recommendations on the geological factors regarding location, design, construction, operation and maintenance of engineering works for project implementation. The programme covers subject matter on interpretation of land forms, geophysical processes, and site conditions required for various development works, besides other essential content.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme:
- On successful completion of BE in Engineering Geology, graduates will be able to:
explain the physics of the earth’s interior with emphasis on earth’s structure, physics
of minerals and compositional models
- describe the geological processes leading to types of land forms and resources in
- analyse the interaction between natural environment and the climate
- compute earthquake hazards and its effects using different methods for planning the
- define the fundamental elements of engineering seismology in relation to
- identify structural geology and rock deformation due to planet earth plate motions
- apply the principles of Geo-environmental Engineering and Geotechnical aspects for planning and design of hazardous waste landfills
- assess the terrain with reference to geomorphological processes to provide engineering solutions
- explain the variation in the occurrence, movement, and distribution of ground water hydrology system
- carry out detailed geophysical surveys and site investigation on soil and rock through field tests and prepare geotechnical or engineering geology reports.
- identify the various hazards and apply risk management techniques for emergency and crisis management
- execute the underground tunnelling techniques and solve the complexity of underground excavations