Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the general phone number and mailing address for the college?
A. The general contact details for CST college are as follows:
General Phone Number: +975-17160538 (Administration)
+975 – 17652414 (Academics)
General Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. How do I find contact information for CST staff?
A. The link to contact information for CST staff can be found from CONNECT > Staff Directory or can follow this link.
Q. How do I get to CST?
A. The college is located at Rinchending in Phuentsholing, Chhukha which is in the southern region of the country. It is about 150 km from Thimphu (capital). It is a border town with Jaigaon in West Bengal India.
Q. What courses does CST offer?
A. The College offers the following programmes in:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering – 4 Year (3 Years In-Service)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering – 4 Year (3 Years In-Service)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering – 4 Year (3 Years In-Service)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology – 4 Year (3 Years In-Service)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Geology – 4 Year
- Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation and Control Engineering – 4 Year
- Bachelors of Architecture – 5 Years
- Masters in Renewable Energy- 18 Months
Q. Is there any distance programme at CST?
A. No. All the programmes offered at CST are full time on-campus.
Q. When does the semester start?
A. The University year is divided into two academic semesters, Spring and Autumn, which runs for approximately fifteen weeks. Spring Semester starts in February, and Autumn Semester starts in July.
Q. How do international students apply for admission to CST?
A. The international students are requested to apply to CST through Department of External Linkages (DRE), Office of the Vice Chancellor, Royal University of Bhutan.
Q. What is the infrastructure and facilities like at CST?
A. The CST academic zone contains facilities such as classrooms, seminar halls, conference halls, an IT center, library, faculty offices, and an auditorium. Most of the facilities are new, with the most advanced technology desirable for teaching purposes. The recreational and residential zones currently include spacious, comfortable and convenient residences for students and staff, a gymnasium, and football, basketball and other playing fields. In the next phase, CST is also adding a substantially expanded library. There are ample open and multi-use spaces consisting of a convenience store, book-shops, and a canteen where students and faculty mingle for their meals and conversation.